Flight claims can appear to most people as hassle and time consuming. Particularly when you have suffered the audacity of a flight delay or a cancelled flight and you were looking forward to a break away. Nayyars Solicitors are here to release the burden. We offer a No Win No Fee agreement.
It is important to know that all fare paying children have the same right to flight delay compensation as adults.
Here are some useful tips to help you understand what you may be entitled to by the airline:
If your flight has been delayed by 3 hours or more you will entitled to pecuniary compensation.
The amount you are entitled depends on the duration you have travelled, the airport you have travelled from and the actual time of arrival. The compensation paid is in Euros. The maximum compensation paid is €600 per passenger.
If your flight has been delayed of 5 hours or more you have the option to board the flight or not. If you don’t take the flight the airline legally has to provide you with the following:
- A full refund for the flight
- A full refund for other flights from the airline that you won’t use in the same booking, e.g. an onward or return flight
- A full refund if you are part way through a journey, a flight back to the airport you originally departed from
If you do take the flight, all is not lost. You can claim compensation if the delay is due to the airlines fault e.g. if there was a technical problem or they were overbooked.
If you have experienced a flight cancellation you can also claim for compensation. The airport is required to offer you the following:
- A full refund, including other flights from the airline that you will not use in the same booking such as onward/return flights
- A replacement flight to get you to your destination;
- Compensation if the cancellation delays you of at least 3 hours or more.
- Compensation if you were delayed by the replacement flight of 2 hours or more and you were given less than 14 days’ notice before departure
- Compensation if your flight was cancelled less than 7 days before departure. This is dependent upon the flight distance and departure/arrival times
If you get a replacement flight the airline has to help you with the costs of food and drink, access to phone calls and emails to change arrangements. You may be entitled to hotel accommodation if you are delayed overnight as well as the journey between the airport and the hotel. If the airline are not willing to provide compensation for these services, keep a receipt of your purchases detailing your out of pocket expenses as evidence in support of your claim.
Some cases of delay may be out of control of the airline and these include bad weather conditions or security threats. Surprisingly only 2% of air passengers that are eligible successfully claim their compensation every year. It means that 98% do not even claim it. Don’t be one of them. This can be extra money towards that long-awaited break. Contact Nayyars Solicitors and leave the rest to us.